Friday, May 18, 2018

Special Delivery Throwback Stamp Set

Hello CDD Fans, it´s Waleska with a fun card using a throwback stamp set, this card was one of the first card designs I did for CDD, but back then I didn't share how I created the mailing background so I thought I would share with you how I did it... This set is one of my favorites from older releases because... Hey who doesn't love happy mail?  This stamp set is called "Special Delivery" this set is full of cute mailing critters and great sentiments to make someone smile...



CARD DETAILS:

I started cutting 1/2 inch red and blue strips of cardstock, I glue the strips to my card base starting in the center and from that you can glue up or down the following strips alternating the two colors.
At the end you will end with a very colorful background, you can change the colors or even make a rainbow design with this background.  I die cut the biggest rectangle from the Fancy Frame Dies with white cardstock, I made masks of the bunch of letters from the set, and started building the pile of letters.  I first stamp three together, then two and finally one where the cute critter would be sitting.
I colored the letters with the same colors from the background and also the critter with markers.


I adhere the adorable critter sitting on the big pile of letters holding a special letter for someone special and stamped the sentiment with black ink.


This card is super fun and amazing looking, it is very dear to me, because as I mention before it was one of the first card designs I did for CDD, I hope you like it and give this idea a try...

Have a wonderful day!


Craftin Desert Divas Supplies:


 fancy frame dies       



No comments:

Post a Comment