Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Gradient Monochromatic

Hello CDD Fans, Waleska here to share my take on a monochromatic card, I love color so this was a great challenge for me, when I search a definition for monochromatic said:  The term Monochrome is usually taken to mean colors black and white, but may also be used to refer to other combinations containing only tones of a single color, so I took this meaning and named my card today gradient monochromatic.


CARD DETAILS:

I started by choosing the color I wanted to use as the base, I choose Twisted Citron oxide ink.  I ink blend the entire front panel of my card and die cut several of the cactus from the Southwestern dies.  I added some water splashes to the die cut panel to give more interest to the piece without the die cut cactus.


I then colored the cactus starting at the bottom with Lucky Clover Oxide ink for a more defined  look to the cactus... and to stay true to the meaning of monochromatic I use green for them too.  I inlay all the cactus and glue them to the front panel.


I added some green sequin stars from the skyfall mix and added the sentiment on a gradient strip of cardstock and stamp the sentiment from the Wild West stamp set.


I hope you like my take on this monochromatic style.  Have a wonderful day!


CDD Supplies:


 





No comments:

Post a Comment