Thursday, July 8, 2021

Whimsy Stamps Picnic Day Slimline Card/ Guest Design

Hello Friends!!! Waleska Galindo here from craftinglovew super happy today to be sharing with you my first project for this month as Guest Designer for Whimsy Stamps I have been a fan of their amazing products for a long time and I am very honored to be Guest Designing today!  For my first card I used the cute and funny stamp set "Ants at a Picnic" I mixed this set with the Slimline Meadow Die set to create a fun and relaxed Summer Scene.



CARD DETAILS:

To create this card I started by die cuttting the Slimline Meadow die set from white cardstock, I then inkblended this front panel with the new distress ink Rustic Wilderness, I also inkblend another panel to create the sky for the scene also with distress inks in colors Kitsch Flamingo and Mustard Seed I love this two colors together for summer. I splashed some water drops for more texture.




I then colored the cute ants with tri-blend markers in colors Dark Red blend, Bright Pink Blend, Citrus Blend and Jade Green blend.  I started creating this fun scene by placing the two first ants into the grass to make them look like they are having fun eating and enjoying a summer day, I love this slimline die set because you can put almost any image into the grass and make it look like part of the scene.


I adhered the sky panel and the flying ant into the scene with 3D foam tape.  I also added some clouds from the Slimline Meadow die.  I finally glue this panel to a slimline kraft cardstock cardbase and stamped the sentiment in the corner of the card.



I had so much fun creating this card, I hope you can be inspired to create some fun summer cards and remember to stay safe and stay crafty! hugs!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment