Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Oxide Inks Northern Lights

Hello Friends Waleska here, today I wanted to share a scene card I created specially for one of the seals on the Reverse Confetti Sealiously set, my idea was to create a northern lights night sky for a "Missing You" card for someone special.... let me share with how I got the look.



CARD DETAILS:

I started with a white card base, and googled some northern lights inspiration to know what colors I wanted to use.   I decided to use Oxide Inks in colors:  Cracked Pistachio, Wilted VioletSeedless Preserves,Worn Lipstick and Black Soot.   I started this background by applying the Oxide Ink colors randomly on the front panel, trying to blend some of them with the Ink Blending tool,  then I apply the Black Soot on the corners towards the center of the area I wanted my sky to be.  I also create some little water splashes for a dynamic look.


I set aside the sky and started working on the Icebergs, I  die cut five of the My Favorite things Icebergs Die-namics  and I apply Mermaid Lagoon Oxide ink to the bottom of each Iceberg to unify them with the iced water the cute seal will be on.



I cut a panel for the iced water and colored it with Mermaid Lagoon Oxide ink, and again splash some water on it.  I adhere the icebergs and water to the sky front panel, and glue the adorable seal I colored with copic markers.  I used one of the sentiments on the set and finally put some white dots to the sky as stars.


I hope you like my card today, and can give this Northern Lights sky idea a try....

You can find this and other awesome new products at the Drive by Crafts shop, and if you want to save some money don´t forget to use the code:


Have a great day!!!


1 comment:

  1. your card is so amazing.. That background is outstanding... awesome designing

    ReplyDelete