Saturday, May 29, 2021

Blue and Gold Watercolor Poppies from Scrappy Tail Crafts

Hello Scrappy Tail fans, Waleska Galindo with you again to share a new card using the beautiful Popping Poppies stamp set, this awesome stamp has 6 different flowers you can use it in many ways and colors and today I decided to use a non traditional color for them. I hope you like my card and can be inspired to take out your Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and have some fun as I did!



CARD DETAILS:

To create this card I started by stamping with a clear ink my poppies on a watercolor paper, I used  Strathmore watercolor paper, that is my favorite.  I used gold embossing powder.




I then started coloring the poppies at the beginning I was going to color them in red but then decided to use blues for a very different look the colors I used where No.30 Blue and No.31 Cobalt Blue.  When using my Zigs I like to use only the brush pens without water to mix them together.  I always start with my darkest color at the bottom and then I add the second color.  I like to have a towel to clean my lightest color because when mixing both color together you get a third color, so I constatly clean this light marker to have the overlap of the two colors mostly in the middle.


My idea at the beggning was to also color the leaves with zigs but I change my mind and stamp them on vellum for a soft look.  After all the stamping and coloring I hand cut all the flowers and leaves because I wanted to make a cluster of flowers in the middle of my card.  I move the flowers around and once I had the look I wanted I glue them together.  I then cut a black front panel and I also cut a gold frame to have the same look of the gold embossing I adhere the flowers to the center with 3D foam tape


I finally added the sentiments and some sequins here and there and there you have it! I had so much fun using my zigs again! I love the look of this elegant flowers in gold and blue. 


 

I hope you have an amazing weekend, and have some time to create! This and many other great products are available on the shop now.


Waleska

No comments:

Post a Comment