Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Stenciled Dry Embossed and Gradient Oxide Ink Cards

Hello there, Waleska from craftinglovew, thank you stopping by today.  My post is part of the Heat Embossed /Dry Embossed  Techniques with Stencils the Design Team is sharing.  I decided to use a Dry Embossed technique to share with you.


CARD DETAILS:

To start with my cards I did a dry embossing technique with the Hearts Galore Craftin Desert Divas Stencil.  To do  this you will need a die cutting machine, your normal plates and a silicone mat.  Your sandwich will be:
1. Tab 1
2. Acrylic Plate 1
3. Silicone Mat
4. Piece of Paper you want to emboss
5. Stencil
6. Acrylic Plate 2
Run all this into your die cutting machine, you will find that is very tight, but it totally works great!!


After I have my Dry Embossed pieces I used different colors of Oxide Inks, a soft and a brighter color to add to the pieces.  The soft for the entire front and the brighter color for the edges.


I used the brighter color also mixed with water to add water splashes to the piece for more interest.


I used the super sweet Garden Bugs Stamp set for this cards, I colored them with markers in the same colors from the dry embossed panels I created.


I adhere with 3D foam the cute bugs and I also adhere all the panels to black card bases.


To finish my cards I added glitter glue to the wings and some other parts of the stamped imgage and added the sentiment on a black strip with white embossing powder.


I hope you find this helpful, and can be inspired to use your stencils to give dimension and a different look to your cards!

Have a Great Day!


Craftin Desert Divas Supplies:












 




No comments:

Post a Comment